We have been extensively covering the articles on network switches in the past and there is nothing wrong with that, either. There is simply just too much to cover. We have already done switches that are for people who want lesser expensive options or generally fewer switches.
However, we have now shifted our focus towards the best 48 port gigabit switch and believe me when I tell you that the options available for you to buy are a lot so you will not be disappointed by the sheer number of switches available for you to buy. Let’s have a look.
Top 3 Best 48 Port Gigabit Switch of 2023
1. NETGEAR GS348 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Simple plug-and-play setup with no software to install or configuration needed
The first one is an obvious choice from Netgear, who is known for making their switches amazing in every aspect. There is no denying that they have done a pretty great job overall, and the GS348 is no different. Whether you are running a small office or you want something for your home, this is great.
- A choice between rackmount or desktop mount.
- A fanless design allows for quieter operations.
- Plug and play interface rids the need for any software configuration.
- Optimized for maximum power efficiency.
The good news about this switch is that it brings several improvements that are normally not available easily in some other switches. You are also getting 3-years of limited warranty on the hardware. The plug and play interface means that you will not have to fiddle with any settings.
The fanless design makes sure that everything remains quiet and without any disturbance, and the power optimization feature is great for saving power. You can even mount it in multiple ways without having any problems that could come with. Needless to say, it is something that you should be looking at.
Honestly, it was really difficult for me to find anything wrong with this otherwise amazing switch that you can buy this very instance. It works well, and nothing comes in the way of its performance. So, that certainly is a good thing.
- Excellent performance.
- Comes with 48-ports.
- The unmanaged interface allows for easier plug and play.
- 3-year warranty on the hardware.
- None at the given price.
2. TP-Link 48 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (TL-SG1048)
- 【One Switch Made to Expand Network】48× 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports supporting Auto Negotiation and Auto MDI/MDIX
- 【Gigabit that Saves Energy】Latest innovative energy-efficient technology greatly expands your network capacity with much less power consumption and helps save money
TP-Link should not need an introduction when we are talking about network switches or any other networking product, for that matter. They are known for their exceptional services and the best thing is that we all have used their products at some point in life. The TL-SG1048 is what we have right now, and it is great.
- Great for large file transfers.
- Up to 96Gbps switching capacity.
- 100% data filtration rate for easy data transfer.
- Auto MDI/MDIX.
- Plug and play interface
Now, the switch might look like something that is overkill. But hey, if you are in an environment that does require that level of options, you do need to get something that can stand the test. The overall setting up process is super simple and straightforward to a point anyone can do it.
If you are someone who is focused on build quality as well, which you should be, then the TL-SG1048 is going to deliver on that front, as well. Since you will not have to worry about that at all as the build quality remains top of the line.
Honestly, the only issue that I could think of is the fact that the switch comes with ventilation holes that can introduce some dust and humidity. Not that we have encountered this issue but it can likely happen.
Overall, the TP-Link switch delivers on performance when you are looking for it. If you are looking for the best possible results, this is the switch that you need to get your hands on.
- Great value for money.
- Super simple and straightforward installation.
- Solid build quality.
- The ventilation holes might introduce some dust and debris into the chassis if left unintended.
3. Ubiquiti Unifi Switch 48 Managed Gigabit switch
- Gigabit RJ45 Ports: 48.
- Total Non-Blocking Throughput: 70 Gbps.
For anyone who is in the search of the highest-end network switch available in the market, you don’t have to look any further from Ubiquiti. A company that is known the world over for their wonderful offerings that are available in the market for a great price, and hey, you will not have to worry about not getting enough.
- Total non-blocking throughput of 70 Gbps.
- SFP+ Ports: 2. SFP Ports: 2.
- Switching capacity of up to 140 Gbps.
- Comes with an easy to use, managed interface.
After spending some time with it, I can already tell you that there are a lot of things that are right about this particular switch. It is great when it comes to the overall usage, it is simple and easy to use, and it is built like a tank.
One of the biggest selling points of this switch is how it is capable of reaching max capacity on all ports without any loss in a packet transfer. The actual installation is easy and simple to do, and you are also getting very good durability overall. The manageable nature makes it fully customizable by the user, too. The only issue I have is that there is no Power over Ethernet feature.
- Solid performance.
- Managed nature allows you to configure it the way you want.
- Durable build quality through and through.
- No PoE support.
4. HP J9772A 2530-48G-PoE
HP is normally not a company that is known for its network switches but the J9772A is something that is a good option that is also available in the market rather easily. The switch is fairly capable in almost all of the functional.
- Offers full Power over Ethernet support.
- Fully managed Layer 2 edge switches.
- Managed interface makes this great for organizations.
- Secure connectivity options for business use.
If you are looking for something that is a cost-effective solution to all your requirements, getting this switch is going to make a lot of switches. However, do keep in mind that it is more suited for businesses than home usage due to how good and feature-packed it is, in the first place. So, it is better that you are aware of this factor, at least.
You are also getting traffic prioritization for a proper experience, and you also have a lifetime warranty from HP, which is going to help you make the right decision.
Honestly, despite being well suited for office environments, it still is one of the better options available in the market and will get the job done in almost all the environments. The performance is great too, so you won’t be losing anything, in the process.
- One of the most effective network switches for office environments.
- Easier to set up despite having a managed interface.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty from manufacturers.
5. TP-Link Jetstream 48-Port Gigabit Managed Switch
- Gigabit Ethernet connections on all ports provide full speed of data transferring
- L2+ feature-static routing, helps route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
The last network switch that we are reviewing is also from TP-Link but this time around we have something different. Rather than going on the traditional route, we are looking at a switch that is made for offices and even for your homes if you need so many ports.
- L2+ feature-static routing for proper traffic routing.
- Brings integrated security strategy including 802.1Q VLAN.
- IPv6 support with dual IPv4/IPv6 stack.
- Web/CLI managed modes.
- SNMP, RMON and dual image features.
For anyone who is searching for a switch that has a great number of features such as SNMP, RMON, and a dual image along with web/CLI managed modes, this is something that you are going to like. Additionally, features such as the L2+ static routing is great as it allows for efficient and problem-free traffic routing.
Despite being a fully managed switch, it still allows for the plug and play interface which allows it to have one of the finest experiences overall, and something that you will not regret at all. I can tell you already that if you want to get the best experience possible, you won’t have any problems.
Honestly, the only downside that I have encountered s that the switch ended up running slow a couple of times, but that was fixed once I changed the wire.
- Great warranty support.
- Loaded with features that are easier to use.
- Easy to manage and even has a plug and play interface.
- None at the given price.
For anyone who is setting up a proper network in their office or their home, buying a network switch is something that can help you do that. Especially if you have a lot of people using wired networks. You are going to need something that is going to do the job for you.
Thankfully, all the switches that we have listed here are great for all the purposes that you might have for them. The switches we have mentioned here are great for almost every single purpose, and you will not have any regrets buying them. They are all tried and tested, therefore, the performance remains impeccable.