If you own a device that does not happen to have an Ethernet port, then you can be in some trouble, especially if you are the type of person who prefers using a wired connection to a wired one.
Now in a situation like that, the best bet is to buy a good USB to Ethernet adapter.
After doing some research, I came to realise that these adapters are super common, and are always in high demand in the market.
That is why I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at the best USB to Ethernet adapters available in the market.
We are going to be having a look at all the pros, as well as cons of the adapters. So, you do not run into issues when it comes to buying any of these adapters, because it does matter.
Best USB to Ethernet Adapter 2022
1: Anker USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Instant Internet: Connect to the internet instantly from virtually any laptop’s USB-A port, and enjoy stable connection speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
Anker is one of the highly renowned companies that have been serving the consumers with some great products.
Although they are mainly known for their amazing power banks, they are also known for some amazing dongles.
The main purpose of this adapter is for people who are looking for high-speed internet as this does support Gigabit Ethernet, and in addition to that, this is also for laptops that do not have an Ethernet port.
In case you are wondering, Macbook, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, Dell XPX, Microsoft Surface Pro, and all the other devices that are still without an Ethernet device would support this adapter.
Additionally, this is made out of aluminum unibody, meaning that just like all the other Anker products, this definitely has the quality to it.
During my testing, I noticed no latency or slowdowns, and I even fired up some online games for the sake of it to see if it can handle the stability. Honestly, I was not able to find any discrepancies.
- Easy to use.
- Great stability.
- Aluminum unibody.
- A bit pricey.
2: UGREEN Ethernet Adapter
- More Stable Wired Network: Compared to a WIFI connection, the UGREEN USB to Ethernet Adapter can provide a faster, more reliable wired network. Let you no longer suffer from loss or loading when playing games, watching HD videos, online meetings, or online classes. It's also good for avoiding Wi-Fi interference and privacy issues.
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch: This USB Ethernet Adapter is perfectly compatible with Nintendo Switch, Switch Oled, Wii, and Wii U. No more suffering from slow download speeds and high network latency, enjoy smooth online gaming with friends.
If you are in the search for something more affordable, then we have the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter to offer to you.
Now the thing about this adapter is that this does not run over USB 3.0 standards; which means you are going to get slower speeds as compared to 3.0 adapters
However, the good thing is that it is on the affordable side, so there is nothing to worry about.
As per the official statement by the company, it does run on a number of different devices including the Nintendo Switch; so as far as connectivity is concerned, you will not have any issues whatsoever.
However, I have to tell you that if you have super high-speed internet, then this adapter is not going to be enough because it supports lower speeds as compared to what you would get if you had a USB 3.0 connector instead.
All in all, the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter USB 2.0 to 10/100 Network RJ45 Lan Wired Adapter is a pretty decent adapter that should get the job done.
- It is cheap.
- Gets the job done.
- Runs on nearly every device with a USB port.
- Does not support high-speed internet.
3: UGREEN Ethernet Adapter USB Gigabit Network Adapter
- 1000Mbps Hyper Speed: UGREEN Gigabit USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter can up to 1000Mbps data transfer speed with USB 3.0 port. It can give a full play to the performance of your network and ensure stable network speed for you to online gaming, surf the Internet, online HD video streaming, upload, download, and more. It's also backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- Plug and Play: UGREEN USB A to Lan Adapter is driver-free for Windows 11/10/8.1/8, macOS, and Chrome OS. It's also driver-free and compatible with Nintendo Switch, and Switch Oled. Just plug in and enjoy a smooth wired network.
If you are looking for something that is a bit more over the top and still has all the right features for you, then the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter USB Gigabit Network Adapter is the one I would suggest.
If you are wondering what separates this from the previous adapters that we have reviewed so far, then you need to know that the best factor about this adapter is that it comes with 3 USB 3.0 ports as well.
For those who need additional ports for one reason or another, this is a great option because that way, you will not have to worry about not having enough ports.
IN addition to that, the device works on nearly every device you could think of. You have support for Nintendo Switch, PC, Surface Book Pro, Mac, iMac, and nearly every device without any issues whatsoever.
Also, considering how it is USB 3.0 compliant, the good news is that Gigabit Ethernet is fully supported and works without any issues.
Overall, the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter USB Gigabit Network Adapter is an amazing option for those who are looking for something that gets the job done regardless of the number of ports they need.
- 3 USB ports are a blessing.
- Gigabit Ethernet is supported.
- Very compact and easy to carry around.
4: Syncwire USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- [➤Broad Compatibility] - Syncwire USB to ethernet adapter supports Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS 10.5 or above, Linux and Chrome OS (Not supports Windows RT, Android) and it's compatible with MacBook, iMac, Surface Pro, Chromebook, HP, Lenovo, Dell, Desktop, Laptop, Notebook PC and more
- [➤Fast Speed] - The data transfer speed of Syncwire USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter is up to 5Gbps (10 times faster than USB 2.0 devices) and keep full 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit ethernet performance. It's also backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 standard devices
If you do not want the additional USB ports, and you are looking for something much smaller that can easily connect to without you worrying about additional space or something other than that, then the Syncwire adapter is definitely something you can check out.
As the name suggests, this adapter does come with the support for Gigabit Ethernet, so for those with high-speed internet, there is nothing to worry about because you will be good to go with whatever speed of the internet you have.
Moving on, this Ethernet adapter supports literally every other device that has a USB port on it.
USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter is pretty consistent with the performance and not just when you are browsing the internet.
Whether you are streaming, downloading, or gaming on the internet while being connected to the device, the performance is going to be consistent throughout, which is a great thing.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Gigabit Ethernet supported.
- Very portable.
5: TeckNet Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Converter
- 【Extra USB C Adapter】The new version of the Ethernet adapter comes with a USB C adapter which to connect to Ethernet whether the computer only USB C interface or USB A interface, also easily transform the type-C port on the device to 3 Type A ports, allows you use network and other USB devices at the same time.
- 【Three Extra USB 3.0 Ports】This Ethernet adapter offers extra 3pcs USB 3.0 ports to your ultrabooks, notebooks and tablets featuring USB interfaces and enjoy data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps which 10 times faster than the original USB 2.0 port, also backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 devices.
This small and lightweight USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter is great for connecting your computer to a wired Ethernet network.
It’s compact and lightweight, so it’s easy to take with you wherever you go, and the built-in surge protection keeps your devices safe.
It has three USB 3.0 ports, which allow you to connect multiple devices at once. it’s compatible with desktops, laptops, and tablets.
- Simple plug and play.
- Great build quality.
- Comes with three additional USB 3.0 ports.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet.
As much as I hate to admit it, there is no denying that dongles are slowly taking over the tech world. Nearly every available device in the market is using some sort of dongle, and while I agree that it is convenient and everything, I simply do not see the point of using them in the first place.
Still, we have to do what the world of technology is doing because if we denounce the company’s move of removing ports and making the users shift towards dongles, we will not be able to make a huge difference either.
With that out of the way, these USB to Ethernet adapters are really going to be helpful for a lot of different reasons. For instance, if your Ethernet port has stopped working, you can just buy this and be on your way without having to worry about getting a new motherboard, or getting your laptop fixed.