Choosing a motherboard is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when building a PC. Get it wrong and you could be stuck with a board that doesn’t support your CPU, doesn’t have enough RAM slots, or doesn’t have the right expansion ports.
In this article, we will be discussing some of the best motherboards for Intel Core i9-12900k, whether you’re looking for a basic motherboard that will get the job done, or you need something that has more bells and whistles, we’ve got you covered.
Best Motherboards For I9-12900K
1: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming (Best Value)
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel Core processors, support PCIe 5.0,DDR5 and out of box Windows 11 ready.Audio: ALC4080 + Savitech SV3H712 AMP
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking(GameFirst VI) and AI noise cancellation
If you’re looking for a powerful and feature-rich gaming motherboard, the ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming is a great option.
It supports DDR5 Ram, has a 16+1 power delivery design, 2.5Gb LAN and Wi-Fi 6E support, and plenty of USB ports.
AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, and AI Networking make it the perfect choice for gamers and enthusiasts.
2: GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS MASTER (Best Gigabyte Board)
- Intel LGA 1700 Socket: Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- DDR5 Compatible: Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR5
The Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master is a great deal, considering all of its fantastic features and performance, For 300$, you’re getting Wi-Fi 6E, 10GbE networking, five M.2 slots, and stylish design.
The board has a lot of heat sinks that help a lot while playing games for a long period of time.
All in all gigabyte Z690 can handle the i9-12900K CPU very well.
3: MSI PRO Z690-A (Best Budget Board)
- Supports 12th Gen Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processors for LGA 1700 socket.Audio ports (Rear): Realtek ALC897/ALC892 Codec
- Supports DDR5 Memory, up to 5600(OC) MHz
This Motherboard offers quite a good set of features, like decent power delivery followed by hefty heatsinks which allow us to mount even the most powerful CPUs without any issues.
During Overclocking the CPU achieved the same results, as on other boards with similar voltage, when it comes to memory overclocking, achieved 4800MHZ with no problem.
What is more? Good equipment of the rare I/O, as well as the configuration of slots and sockets onboard, make this option an interesting proposition for most users.