The PC gaming industry has come a long way from where it actually began, gone are the days when the components available used to be normal, and for universal use. You could easily get your hands on a keyboard or a mouse, and use it for both work, as well as gaming purposes.
However, things have changed drastically ever since; gamers are now presented with options like gaming mice, gaming headphones, gaming motherboards, gaming keyboards, mouse-pads, and even gaming monitors, and while gaming monitors make sense since they offer a higher refresh rate, a common consumer is often left confused whether or not he or she should spend money on gaming peripherals.
With that said, today’s topic of discussion is basically the best gaming mouse you can find in the market right now, and truth be told, there is an abundance going on in the market, and there is so much saturation that a person who’s not at all adept in knowing which mouse is good, and which isn’t often gets left behind and gets confused.
In order to address that issue, and help the masses in confusion, we have penned up a handy guide that will help you determine the gaming mouse you want to buy. Whether or not there is a difference in performance is completely subjective.
In this list, we have added a total number of 10 gaming mice you can buy right now in the market, from famous manufacturers such as Razer, Logitech, Steel Series, and Corsair. So, without wasting anymore time, let’s take a look at all the best gaming mouse that are available in the market.
Top 10 Best Gaming Mouse For Gamers 2018
1. Razer Mamba Chroma 2015
Pretty much every hardcore and casual PC gamer is aware of Razer’s presence in the gaming industry, heck, even the console gamers are aware of what Razer has been doing over the years.
The company started with standard gaming peripherals, but soon extended into something huge. With that said, Razer is still supplying top of the line gaming peripherals, but they also offer you their amazing laptops.
However, we are not here to talk about laptops, we are here to talk about the elephant in the room; the Razer Mamba Chroma 2015.
Now in case you aren’t aware, the RGB craze is pretty much everywhere, there’s not a single gaming peripheral that doesn’t use RGB nowadays mainly because how famous it has become.
As for Razer, their RGB peripherals are knowns “Chroma” and the Mamba 2015 is here. It comes in 3 different variants, the eSports Wired, eSports Wireless, and Gaming.
While the eSports variants are identical, the Gaming variant looks like it is designed for smaller hands. With that said, let’s see what made the Razer Mamba Chroma 2015 one of our favourite mice.
- For a wireless version, the Mamba Chroma 2015 boasts an epic battery life, and makes sure you don’t end up losing the charge in the middle of the game.
- Despite the mouse being wireless, there is absolutely no latency issue, or input lag.
- The build quality, as well as the design is one of the best we have seen on a Razer product.
- Razer Synapse is among the best customization software we have seen; it’s easy to use, and rich with features.
- The Chroma RGB lighting is subtle without distracting you with unnecessary, in-your-face modes.
While Razer has earned some bad rep in the past, there’s no denying that the Razer Mamba Chroma is one of the best wireless mice we have used, it’s sturdy, lightweight, and looks utterly stunning with the Chroma RGB lighting. There’s only one downside though, the price may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
To Read More about this mouse go to this link
2. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
The next mouse on our list is none other than the legendary Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum, now for those who don’t know, this mouse took the world by storm when it was first announced. Reason? People love Logitech, because the company is known for providing some of best peripherals we have seen in the market. No, we are not talking about gaming peripherals, Logitech’s presence in the peripheral industry has been for years, and that’s what made them so good. As for the G900 Chaos Spectrum, it can be seen as one of the most advanced gaming mice one can buy, it has all the nifty features including the feature that lets you use the mouse wirelessly or with a wired, and yes, as the “Spectrum” in the name suggests, it does come with RGB lighting. So, without further ado, let’s see what makes this mouse so good.
- The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum offers an amazing, lag-free experience regardless of the mouse being wired, or wireless. Something all hardcore gamers love.
- Chaos Spectrum’s rechargeable battery provides you a total game time of up to 30 hours on a single charge, in addition to that, the mouse also comes with Logitech’s exclusive Clock Tuning technology that is used to save battery timing when the mouse is not in use.
- The mouse comes with a PMW3366 sensor that is used to make sure that the best tracking accuracy is given. The sensor is known as one of the best gaming sensors, and highly recommended by pro gamers.
- Users get a wide variety of DPI options thanks to the adjustable DPI range that starts from 200 and goes all the way to 12,000. Mouse comes with absolutely no smoothing or filtering in order to make sure the responsiveness stays there.
- The G900 Chaos Spectrum has a highly customizable physical button layout, along with a very comfortable layout that also happens to be ambidextrous.
- To make sure your colour coordination is always on point, the G900 Chaos Spectrum comes with RGB lighting with different breathing patterns as well as brightness levels that can be controlled through the amazing Logitech.
- The Chaos Spectrum also has a pivot button design that makes sure every single click can be felt when registered, and the performance stays consistent.
There is no denying that the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is a wonderfully powerful mouse with tons of options. However, it may not be the choice for all due to the high price point, as well as somewhat questionable aesthetics. Other than that, the Chaos Spectrum was born to win.
3. Razer DeathAdder Chroma
We have another Razer product on our list, and this time, we are looking at the Razer DeathAdder Chroma, now before we begin, you should know that DeathAdder is perhaps one of the most popular gaming mice by Razer, as well as one of the most important gaming mice ever. It can be considered the one that actually set the standards for a lot of other gaming mice of its time. Razer decided to upgrade the mouse and make it better. Now considering how it’s a revision, most people thought that Razer just added the Chroma RGB and called it a day, however, that’s not the case, as this mouse is completely updated while staying true to the original. Let’s find out what has changed for the better.
- The Razer DeathAdder Chrome comes with the legendary design that’s fit for the palm users, giving the gamers the most amount of relaxation while playing games, or just working.
- The Razer DeathAdder Chroma uses a new and improved 10,000dpi sensor. The sense gives the mouse the ability to move at 200 inches per second and get an impressive 50g acceleration.
- The Razer DeathAdder Chroma offers one of the best accuracy in gaming mice available, it doesn’t matter if you are playing and a lower speed, or a faster one, the optical senor will make sure that the response time is flawless, and fluid.
- For those who don’t want any mouse movement when the mouse is lifted, the sensor can track z-axis, it means that as soon as you lift the mouse up, the tracking will stop. This is really, really good for FPS gamers who usually have to lift the mouse a bit, and move it again.
- As per the demands of the gamer, Razer has updated the DeathAdder with their famous Chroma lighting, the lighting lets the user choose from16.8 million color options. For those wondering, the Razer logo, the scroll wheel are the two lighting zones.
All in all, the Razer DeathAdder Chroma is a really, really good mouse; you should know that it’s available in different versions including the Overwatch as well as the Deus Ex edition, both editions look spectacular with their own colour scheme. Generally, we didn’t experience any performance issues with the mouse, but our only gripe is that the mouse should have the lighting similar to what we have seen on Mamba Chroma. Other than that, the DeathAdder Chroma is a perfect mouse for the fans of the original, and for people who are looking to buy a new gaming mouse.
4. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
The next up on our list is the legendary Logitech G502 Proteus, now before we begin exploring it, you should know that this is not at all the Proteus Core you all know, and love. In order to catch up with the industry, and make their best mouse even better, Logitech went ahead and made their best mouse even better by adding RGB lighting, hence Proteus Core became Proteus Spectrum. During our testing process, we found out that there is absolutely no difference in the performance of both mice, and don’t worry, that is not a bad thing since the original Proteus Core was already such a good performer. Let’s find out what made the mouse so good.
- The Logitech Proteus Spectrum comes with the famous, and loved PMW3366. The sensor is one of the best when it comes to delivering accuracy and responsiveness at the same time.
- For players who like to add, or remove some weight from the mouse, there is a feature lets you tune the weight of the mouse according to your personal preference.
- Can easily setup RGB lighting according to your likes using the Logitech Gaming software.
- The Gaming software is one of the easiest to use, giving you the option to make your mouse the way you want to.
- The Proteus Spectrum is one of the most comfortable mice to hold; the grips are textured properly, and the button placement is impeccable.
- The 11 programmable buttons, as well as the adjustable fast scroll wheel gives you a complete control over your mouse.
- The G502 offers the ability to change the DPI on the fly, something a lot of users wan.
So, there you have it. Logitech has proven once again that they are the top dog whenever it comes to making the best PC peripherals, whether you are talking about standard peripherals, or gaming peripherals, Logitech knows how to do it.
5. Steel Series Rival 700
The next mouse on our list is the Steel Series Rival 700, now in case you didn’t know, Steel Series is among the favourite companies of pro gamers mainly because of how amazing their peripherals are, and today’s no different. The Rival series of mice is one of the finest, and the Rival 700 takes everything to the next step. Before we begin, you should know that unlike Razer and some other companies, Steel Series keep everything strictly simplistic, and that’s one reason that their designs may come off as a bit bland. However, when it comes to the sheer performance, there are few that can rival the Rival’s performance. Let’s find out what makes it such a great mouse.
- The mouse comes with an on-board OLED display that can display mouse settings or some cool looking GIFs.
- The Rival 700 has a feature known as Tactile alerts that inform you of an event in the game by using some sort of vibration.
- The mouse is designed with ergonomics in mind, and while it’s only built for right handed users, it will suit every grip style.
- Much like any other high end gaming mouse, the Rival 700 comes with Steel Series’ Prism RGB illumination.
- Rival 700 features modular cables, as well as sensors that you can purchase separately.
- The mouse comes in 9 different colour options including the fan favourite Fnatic edition.
There is no denying that the Steel Series Rival 700 is one of the best gaming mice we have used, however, we do have some complaints, though completely subjective. The separate modules are not as cheap as one would like them to be, and the OLED display, although cool, sounds like a gimmick that is likely to get overlooked. Ignore that, and you have a very powerful, highly capable gaming mouse.
6. Razer Naga Hex V2
We have another Razer product on our list, and this time, we are looking at the Razer Naga Hex V2, in simpler words, this is the favourite amongst all the MOBA players we have had the chance to see. With that said, you should keep in mind that much like other revised Razer products, the Naga Hex V2 is also offering Chroma RGB lighting. Razer claims that the 7 button thumb grid happens to be completely mechanical making sure that the switches don’t wear out after being used consistently in MOBA gaming sessions. With that said, we should stop wasting time, and let’s get down the details.
- The Razer Naga Hex V2 is designed specifically for MOBA gamers; the mouse comes with 7 button thumb grid, and all the buttons are using mechanical switches in order to make sure the clicks don’t wear out, and the positioning is one of the best we have seen.
- All the buttons on the Naga Hex V2 are fully programmable through the brilliant Synapse software. You can easily assign different features to these buttons; in-game or on your standard use.
- Razer has gone ahead and redesigned the Naga Hex V2 to offer a better comfort, hence giving the mouse a new design that provides a better ergonomic form factor as compared to the older versions.
- Razer has made sure that the Naga Hex offers the best performance for people with different grip styles, ensuring maximum performance and comfort even with extended uses.
There is no doubt that the Naga Hex V2 is an impressive mouse, however, the sheer size of it may cause a problem for users with small hands. Ignore that, and you get a pretty solid mouse that is a dream come true for MOBA gamers as well as people who are into other genres.
7. Corsair Gaming M65 Pro
Corsair has always been known for producing some of the finest quality products in the market, their case fans, cases, keyboards, power supplies, and RAMs are some of the highly regarded equipment out in the market. One would only wonder how good they are when it comes to producing some gaming mice, and the answer is VERY good. In comes the Corsair Gaming M65 Pro; now everyone knows that Corsair is not new to gaming peripheral market, but considering how saturate the market is, do they stand a chance? Let’s find out.
- The Corsair M65 Pro offers a 12,000 DPI sensor that is tuned in order to provide the best accuracy and brilliant tracking.
- The mouse is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum giving a very light weight, durable feel along with a great weight distribution.
- The M65 Pro offers a great weight tuning system that lets you set your own center of gravity in order to achieve the best play-style.
- The mouse can adjust to the surface you are using it on in order to get the best tracing and responsiveness.
- The sniper button is conveniently placed letting the users change the DPI on the fly, DPI options can be adjusted and changed from the Corsair software.
- Uses Corsair’s CUE in order to configure the mouse including using double macros as well as the RGB lighting on the mouse.
- Comes equipped with 8 cleverly placed, fully programmable buttons that let you easily reach them and play as per your wish.
- You get the best Omron switches that are rated for 20 million clicks, and can easily be changed when needed.
While a lot of people had concerns about the Corsair Gaming M65 Pro, the mouse turned out to be a triumph, it is one of the best gaming mice available in the market, and goes right in the big leagues.
8. Razer Abyssus
Just like the DeathAdder, Razer Abyssus is also one of the most popular gaming mice that have stepped in the market; the reason quite simple; the design is ambidextrous means that even left handed users can use the mouse without any issue. With that said, it’s not as advanced or powerful as some of the other options, but for those who are looking for a good budget oriented gaming mouse, the Abyssus is a definite choice for many. Let’s take a look at why.
- The Abyssus features amazingly tactile buttons.
- The mouse comes equipped with a 3,500 DPI optical sensor.
- Offers highly responsive and tactile switches.
- Experience the superior sensitivity and responsiveness of this gaming mouse as it accurately translates your every move, into in-game movement. Fitted with a 3500dpi optical sensor, the Razer Abyssus lets you truly perform as fast as your reflexes.
- The upgraded version of the Razer Abyssus comes with rubberized side grips giving you an overall better control over your mouse.
While the Razer Abyssus is certainly not as advanced as some of the other offerings on the list, it is made, clearly for the budget oriented users. With that said, we don’t really have any issues with the mouse apart from the fact that 3,500 DPI seems a bit too less for a mouse of today’s standard.
9. Corsair Gaming Saber
For those who didn’t want to spend the extra on the Corsair Gaming M65 Pro, the company released a slightly toned down version of the M65 Pro known as the Corsair Gaming Sabre. The mouse features slightly different design, but the majority of features remain the same. Let’s find out more about the Corsair Gaming Sabre.
- The Corsair Saber maintains remain lightweight at just 100 grams.
- The mouse comes with an impressive 10,000 DPI sensor; the DPI can be adjusted on the fly as well.
- Control the RGB lighting using the CUE software and change colours on the four lighting zones.
- You get a total of 8 fully programmable buttons.
- The mouse uses the highly regarded Omron switches, giving you a rated 20 million click cycle.
- The legendary ergonomic style is created in order to adjust almost all the grip types.
- The mouse offers a 1,000 hertz USB refresh rate ensuring a lag free experience.
The Corsair Gaming Saber is a sign that gaming mice don’t have to be really expensive to be good, as a matter of fact, this is one of the best gaming mice we have used, and definitely worth the money.
10. Red Dragon M601
The last product on our list is called the Red Dragon M601 Centrophorus, and while it is not as advanced as any of the gaming mice we have mentioned, it carries an aggressive looking design with red LEDs that will make any gamer want this. We couldn’t gather much information about the mouse before the testing began so the surprise factor was a bit high for us, but for those who are interested in knowing what we think about the mouse, below are some of the impressions.
- The mouse comes with the ability to adjust DPI, and go as high as 2,000 DPI, and offers 15g acceleration
- The Centrophorus comes with a total of 6 buttons, along with a weight tuning set.
- One of the best ergonomics in a gaming mouse, the TEFLON feet ensure that the mouse glides perfectly, providing the max amount of control, and tracking.
All things aside, the Red Dragon M601 proves that you don’t need to spend a lot of money in order to get a good gaming mouse, we didn’t judge the mouse too heavily keeping the price/competition in the mind, but be assured that if you are on a budget, you will surely love this mouse.
The market is filled with gaming mice of all sort, and while it is certainly a good thing, it can be considered a downside as well considering how many people end up getting severely confused. With that said, with this list, the people will at least be able to make up their minds a buy a gaming mouse that’s better, and fits their budget.